Welcome!

Thanks for visiting the Bee Blog! Inspiration and resources for creating weddings and events with style and modern elegance.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Love Letter

Conway, Ark.
June 11, 1896

My Darling Lottie,

If you are awake now and will listen, you will hear the clear chiming of the clock as it tolls the passing away of Thursday and strews garlands of sweet musical flowers in the triumphal way of Friday as it again takes its place in the endless procession of time. There are but five more days till our wedding day. I pray the Good Father to keep my own Lottie for me. I miss you so much. But I don't intend to write you a letter. I am sure you are half way in the notion to scold me. I have been reading Latin for two days and nights in succession, and the end is not yet. The examination comes tomorrow evening and I'll be ready.

I was greatly disappointed because I did not get a letter yesterday or today. Surely a long one will come tomorrow.

We have a nice boarding place for this summer. Must I have Henry to return your pass book and get your deposit fee for you? Be sure to tell me this.

Goodnight my darling,
Willie

- Written by my great-great-grandfather to my great-great-grandmother, transcribed by my cousin, Alice.

No comments: