Welcome!

Thanks for visiting the Bee Blog! Inspiration and resources for creating weddings and events with style and modern elegance.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Letter Blocks

In experimenting with different ways to translate lettering onto surfaces other than paper, I made this letter block for my adorable little nephew, Archer.
I started with an unfinished wood block, sketched the letters of his name onto each side, and then used a wood burner to burn the letters into the wood surface. This was the first time I used a wood burner and it was so much fun (the smell of the burning wood was the best part)! I wanted the letters to be carved into the surface and the burner did the trick.

I liked how it looked unpainted, but ended up painting it using bright acrylic paints (and forgot to take a picture before giving it to him).
A fun project all around and hopefully a keepsake for little Archer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a cool idea! The letters look beautiful!